Sunday 11 March 2012

Music Matters

I'm not embarrassed to admit it - yes, I'm a gleek. All singing and all dancing high school drama is right up my street. I may be in my late 20's but I still have the television watching mentality of a twelve year old. While I'm confessing, I should probably also get off my chest my love for High School Musical (1, 2 and 3), Twilight, and the Disney Channel. In fact, the film Sabrina the Teenage Witch was on Sunday afternoon and I made my lovely husband to be sit through the whole thing. I know, I'm a very lucky girl. Happy times.

But back to Glee. Nothing made me sadder then when Glee moved to Sky1. Being a Virgin Media customer, and having a husband to be that refuses to get the all inclusive monthly packages, Sky1 is not on my channel list. Que the sad sigh: *Sigh*

My favourite episode from the fist couple of seasons was of course, the wedding one. The new directions dancing and singing down the aisle to Bruno Mars's 'I Think I Wanna Marry You' was TV magic. It was the first time I heard that song and I loved it instantly. It immediately went on to my favourites playlist on my ipod, and subsequently went on to the 'stop playing that song over and over' list of my husband to be's favourite things to say.

I promptly youtube'd instrumental versions of the song as possibilities of what I'd walk down the aisle to and found a plethora of versions to choose from. Slightly slowed down and done on the piano, this song is wedding day perfect. I could completely envision myself, smiling happily and walking towards my future husband to be with this lovely, cheerful tune playing in the background. This is one of my favourite versions. Love, love love!



And in case you happened to miss the original, enjoy the below. Apologies it's a bit fuzzy, but it's the best I could find!



While I'm not to sure about the idea of dancing down the aisle on my big day (I wouldn't want to feel I wasn't taking the ceremony seriously - it is after all supposed to be about committing yourself in love and life to that one special person), I like the thought of incorporating the music on a more classic scale. It will still bring all those lovely, happy and spontaneous moments through, but in a real wedding appropriate way.

Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x

No comments:

Post a Comment