Friday 16 March 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go - Dr Suess

Today marks three months until the day I become a Mrs. I'm uber excited and mega cheerful while my husband to be, while happy and a bit romantic about it all, seems a bit shell shocked. Whenever I excitedly bop up and down shouting 'three months, three months , three months!' he starts questioning what happened to the last 15. The last year and a bit has definitely flown by. It feels like it was 'six months, six months, six months!' just yesterday so I know how he feels. People kept telling me that time would disappear but I didn't quite believe it at the time. I do now.

But anyway, it's all very exciting and thrilling and with everything booked and pretty much sorted, I can see the day in my head which just makes it all the more real. In keeping with all things wedding, I wanted to share my runner up reading, 'Oh the Places You'll Go' by Dr Suess. I loved Dr Suess growing up. From green eggs and ham to the who's in whoville, reading and hearing Dr Suess makes me feel like a kid again.  I love this poem of his and feel it summarises my excitable mood and the lovely feeling that very soon I'm going to embark on a whole new wonderful part of my life. Enjoy!


Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the couple who’ll decide where to go.
You’ll look up and down streets.
Look ‘em over with care.
About some you will say,
“We don’t choose to go there.
”With your heads full of brains
and your shoes full of feet,
you’re too smart to go down,
any not-so-good street.
And you may not find
any you’ll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you’ll head straight out of town.
It’s opener there in the wide open air,
Out there things can happen and
frequently do to people
as brainy and footsy as you.
And when things start to happen,
don’t worry.
Don’t stew.
Just go right along.
You’ll start happening too.

OH! THE PLACES YOU’LL GO!

You’ll be on your way up!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the high fliers who soar to great heights!
You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have all the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang, and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly you’ll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
Except when you don’t.
Because sometimes, you won’t.
You’ll get mixed up of course,
as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with so many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with great care and great tact and remember that
Life’s a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes!
You will indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

KIDS, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So, be your name Buxbaum or Dowrie
or Bassor Mordecai Ali Van Allen O’Shea,
you’re off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So … get on your way!




Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x

No comments:

Post a Comment