Thursday 15 March 2012

Pretty in Pastels

I thought I'd try my hand at something new today and bring you my favourite summer trend, but in wedding form. I may not be super fashionable and in 'the know' when it comes to things like this, but I know what I like and what I think is pretty, and what I'm liking at the moment is pastels and summer sundae brights. Pink ones, green ones, blue ones, peachy ones and neutral ones, I fancy them all and love the slightly eccentric clashing of colour when you combine them together to make a statement. I think this look is wedding day perfect and reminds me of sunshine and lollipops and all things summery. They're cheerful, merry and perky colours that bring a smile to my face and a skip to my shoes. Happy times.

Sitting at the computer on what can only be described as a drab day (freezing fog, overcast and slightly rainy...), scouring the internet for pretty pictures of all things pastel and pretty has lifted my mood and made me wedding happy once again. I couldn't help but share my happiness inducing findings so here you go:


Pretty florals: I'm in love with this bouquet - like actually, properly, head over heels in love. The colours are stunning together and make for a perfect wedding day palette. They make me feel like it's 30 degrees outside and I should be sipping on some sweet lemonade and soaking up the sun (instead of in my slightly cold house, in PJ's and big fluffy slippers with a nice cuppa).


I had to pop in some birdcages because, well, I love them. I've shown these two from confetti.co.uk before, but they're so lovely I didn't think it would hurt to show them again...


These charming topiary's are from confetti as well and I love the feminine shade of pink. It adds a different dimension to the pastel and brights palette which gives it a bit of a pop.


Table Decorations: I'm a fan of all things candles and love these lovely little heart votive holders. I'd buy some of each colour and scatter them around the reception venue for a romantic, summery look. The ditsy print wooden love letters also featured below (from the lovely pumpkin and poppet) are to sweet to pass up. They're a fantastic accessory for the head table, a fireplace mantle or any spare space that needs to be pretty'd up. I'm also liking the carnival blue table numbers from confetti. What an enjoyable way to add some summertime zing to your tables.




Sweet Treats: A pastel themed sweets table is a great way to add some vintage charm to your day and pull the theme together in a yummy and delightfully fun way. I'm a massive fan of sweets tables and have been busily collecting jars, pink striped bags and silver scoops for my big day. Why not keep the theme going with one of these perfectly pretty cakes from Cotton and Crumbs? I love the coral and duck egg icing flowers and the pearl embellishments. So pretty!



These invites are part bright and part pastel, and I love them. They evoke the same sunshine and lollipops feeling the rest of the pastel themed products do and I love that they bring to mind flying heart confetti (they are called 'flying hearts' invitations after all).



Last but not least, the Bridal party: I'm head over heels for Charlotte Balbier's Kate Middleton inspired 'Eva' dress. It's flowing tulle skirt is feminine and romantic, and perfect for any modern day princess. The adorable Alfred Angelo flower girl dress is too cute for words and I love that you can pick and choose your colours to perfectly match your theme. I also like the idea of bright bridesmaids dresses to really pull the theme together and give it substance. These two from Pepperberry and Dessy are perfect for a summer fiesta.



I can't wait to see what this summer brings in real life weddings. I can only hope that there's pistachio's, corals, duck eggs and pretty pinks galore. Love, love, love.

Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x



No comments:

Post a Comment