Sunday 18 March 2012

27 Dresses (well, almost..)

At the moment, my wedding dress lives in my spare bedroom (in an un-penetrable dress bag so my husband to be can't sneak a peek). I was lucky enough to find 'the one' at the NEC wedding show last October and as it was a sample, I bought it and took it home right then and there. It was a match made in heaven - the perfect size, the perfect length, and it took all my will power to actually stop twirling around the dressing room, staring at it in the mirror, and take it off so it could be packaged up. *Sigh*. I heart it. 

With less than three months to go until my big day, it struck me yesterday that I need to take it in for a professional clean within the next week or so (being a sample I just want to make sure it's perfect and ready for my big day), which prompted me to have a sneaky peak at my dream dress and reminded me of dress shopping in general. I was really lucky, my dress was only the third one I tried on, but as soon as I had it on I knew. I literally could not take my eyes off it. In fact, my Mom kept trying to get a look at it from the front (which meant she had to stand in front of the mirror, blocking my view), and I kept lightly pushing her out of the way so I could continue to admire it. Sorry Mom! I think I also had it on for about half an hour before the sales lady finally convinced me to take it off. It really was love at first sight and not at all the style that I'd set out to find. I'm so incredibly happy with it and can't wait to wear it on the day.

Needless to say, today I'm in the mood for dresses and thought I would share my favourites of different styles, shapes and lengths.

Fairytale perfect: The Princess Dress - whether it's floaty tulle, flirty ruffles or lovely lace, this is an incredibly flattering, feminine and romantic shape. It's probably what every little girl associated with the words 'Wedding Dress' after watching one to many Disney films in those impressionable years. It's definitely one of my favourite shapes as it's just so flattering on most body types.

Angela (above) by Maggie Sottero is beautifully embellished and perfectly detailed. I love the sweetheart neckline and the ruffled skirt.

Ella (below) by Charlotte Balbier is absolutely lovely in all it's asymmetric glory. Definitely a modern take on a favourite classic, I love the floral detail on the shoulder and the simply beautiful tulle skirt.




Style 2237 (above) by Alfred Angelo is the essential princess dress. It's stunning it its simplicity and so very feminine and romantic. 

Isadora (below) by Maggie Sottero is fairytale perfect. With a flattering ruched bodice and a gorgeous lace embellished skirt it's detail is amazing and is my favourite of the four styles.



Beautifully classic: The A-Line Dress - It's the classic bridal silhouette that's flattering and simply cut. I love the gorgeous lace selection below. The combination of A-line and lace is beautifully vintage and utterly classic. 


Renata and Abella (above and below) are both by Nicola Anne. I love the pure simplicity and the feminine lace cap sleeves. They somehow manage to look both modern and vintage and would be absolutely perfect on any wedding day.


I love the romantic neckline and the stunningly scalloped hem on the above by Maggie Sottero. Simply cut but perfectly detailed.

The lovely sheer sleeves on the below by Charlotte Balbier are uber flattering and perfectly positioned. Not something I've seen on a wedding dress before, but I love the way they add a bit of charm to the profile of this beautiful dress.

The ultimate figure-hugger: The Fishtail Dress - Perfect if you want to create or emphasise beautiful curves. These stunning numbers from Nicola Anne are modern and prettily detailed. I love the layered lace on Camara and the oversized champagne bow on Beatrix. So lovely!


Flirty and Fun: The Tea-Length Dress - Perfect for showing off a killer pair of heels in a fabulously fun and retro style. Ideal for summer weddings and for those who just want to be a bit different...

 Isadora Anne (above) by Maggie Sottero is gorgeous. I love the softly jagged hem line, the slightly puffed skirt and the superb lace and floral detailing.  

The pretty bow detail on the below from Charlotte Balbier's 'Candy Kisses' collection is perfectly sweet and delightfully charming. This is definitely my favourite of the short selection.

 Alfred Angelo's style 2244 (above) and Nicola Anne's Peonie (below) are retro fun and feminine to boot. The sweetheart necklines are flattering and pretty. Bring on the summer season!

Last but not least, I couldn't help but show the celebrity inspired gowns below:

The Bella Swan dress from Alfred Angelo:


I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm a big twilight fan. This dress is the direct double to Bella's stunning gown and I love everything from the gorgeous back detail to the perfectly sized train. If I were her shape, I might just be tempted...

And last of all, the Kate Midi gown:


Charlotte Balbier may have called it 'Ava' but there's no question that this is a Kate inspired beauty. Perfect for any modern day princess and my all time favourite.

Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x


1 comment:

  1. I just love love love the dress Isadora is in, by Maggie Sottero. Totally me ! Great variety of dresses to showcase :)

    ReplyDelete