Sunday 25 March 2012

My DIY Results!

Yesterday was the big reveal in terms of my pottery painting handiwork (see http://amorraweddings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/my-attempt-at-bit-of-diy.html for the pre-glazed and fired pics), and I have to say, I was pretty pleased with myself at the results of the 'Mr and Mrs' heart. Despite the fact that it took me the better part of a very quiet and focused hour to paint all of eight letters, I think it's turned out pretty well. Once I add that bit of gold ribbon and hang it amongst my head table floral display, I think the slightly shaky painted letters will be a distant memory. I was also pretty pleased with my cuter than cute cupcake plate. Once it's smothered in all things yummy it will make a lovely personal addition to my sweets table. I was a little disappointed at the washiness of the pink section (I probably should've done a few more coats!) but once it's covered by french fancies and mini battenburgs no one will be the wiser. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience and an easy and fun way to spend an afternoon making some lovely personal touches for my big day. The only problem is, with this whole 'having to go back the next week to collect' thing, I can't seem to collect without painting something new.... While I don't have any pre-firing and glazing pics to show of yesterdays new pottery fun, if it turns out I'll give a sneak peak next weekend!







Thanks for reading,
Chelsea

x

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I can't not post on this, I'm full on in love with ceramic painting !!! seriously can't get enough of it ! I too can't go and pick my piece up without finding something new to paint, lol. Love both of your pieces, Chels ! Hmmm actually you've just given me a FAB idea. will have to run it by you when we chat, too long for a post, lol.
    ~ Chell-bell

    ReplyDelete