Sunday 18 March 2012

The Dukan Diaries - Part 3

Today marks the end of my first week on the 'cruise' phase. I have to say, It's been quite easy. I've very much enjoyed having some veg back in my diet, and have definitely learnt to appreciate salad and veggie stir fry's in a whole new way. My favourite meal this week has been stir fried coley steaks with mushrooms, onions, garlic, peppers and celery. Yummy!

I also learnt a very valuable lesson on Friday: apparently, having a 'treat' meal is a really bad idea on a diet like Dukan. As I'd been so good all week, and Friday was the three month's to go mark, I thought I'd treat myself to a bit of a takeaway, a film, and a snuggle on the couch with my husband to be. Unfortunately, it didn't quite pan out that way. I'd assumed that I was being good by just eating the meat from the takeaway and not any of the carbs, but apparently the slightly greasy sauce's and the fattier than what I've been eating meat, did not agree with me. At all. I spent the whole night being sick. I won't go into any of the gory details, but I will say that it was not pleasant. Lesson learnt. No more takeaway's for me, and I understand now the concept and reasoning behind slowly introducing fattier foods and carbs back into your diet after cutting them out completely for almost two weeks.

Anyway, onto the good news. At the end of two weeks of Dukan'ing, I have officially lost 10lbs. Hoorah!

It feels absolutely amazing. My clothes are getting looser, I feel healthier and happier, and my grocery bill is half the size without any of the usual junk. Fingers crossed next week will be just as easy and I'll be celebrating a full stone lost in just three weeks. I know I've said it before, but so far, Dukan is by far the easiest diet I've ever done and it's definitely the most successful in terms of weight loss. I really hope it continues. Wish me luck!

If you want to catch up on my previous Dukan posts, please see below:

http://amorraweddings.blogspot.com/2012/03/big-day-small-bride.html

Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x


No comments:

Post a Comment