Friday 9 March 2012

The Sweetest Thing

Every now and then I stumble across a shop that's fantastic and wonderful in every way, shape and form. Pumpkin and Poppet is one of these. It encompasses all things bright, beautiful and lovely, with a plethora of home accessories, gorgeous gifts and whimsical wedding decorations. Run by Pumpkin and Poppet themselves (I'm not sure which one is which, but I've met one of them and I can confirm that she is as lovely as her products), it's personal and sweet in a way that chain stores never will be. The best bit is, even though they're not a mega super chain, the prices are still so very reasonable and fantastic value for money.

I love every one of their carefully and thoughtfully chosen products and had to physically stop myself from ordering one of each. With everything from english rose printed bunting to homemade jam scented candles, I'm a little bit in love.

Here are a few of my favourite things that were just so perfectly perfect I couldn't help but share:


These charming homemade jam scented candles are so sweet I might just want to eat them (symbolically speaking...I wouldn't actually eat wax!). I love the cheery summer colours and the pretty display jars. At £2.95 they make the perfect wedding favour for a country kitsch wedding or a delectable accessory for any home.

I also adore these wonderful compact mirrors. They're whimsical and pretty and would make perfect bridesmaid gifts. Prices range from £3.95 to £6.95 which is a steal for an accessory so faultlessly pretty. The little birdies are my fave and I might just need to scoop one of these up for myself!







I'm slightly obsessed with anything heart shaped at the moment and love the idea of having dozens of these beautiful little shabby chic hearts hanging from a tree in the garden where I'm having my drinks reception. They're just so wonderfully pretty and at £1.95 you just can't go wrong.




I'm also a little head over heels for these ditsy floral Mr and Mrs decorations. I love the thought of having these prettily printed wooden letters either as a feature at the wedding itself, or lovingly displayed in my home once we've tied the knot. They're just £6.95 and to top it off there's a sweet 'Love' version as well.


Last but definitely not least, is the cheerful and charming english rose bunting. I'm putting together my own sweets table for the day and think these would be a fantastic addition. With fifteen perfectly printed pennants it's just too lovely to pass up. Again, the pricing is superb at just £9.95. I might just need to think of a reason to throw some sort of summer fete as well just so I can display these little beauties again.



There's so many more delightful and original products on their lovely site so definitely have a look (or two, or three):

http://www.pumpkinandpoppet.com

Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea
    Thank you so much for a lovely, lovely write up about Pumpkin & Poppet. We have loved reading your blog and really look forward to hearing all about your wedding plans! :)
    Lots of love
    Gill (Pumpkin & Poppet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl stuff and book ends! so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete