Thursday 1 March 2012

Washed Away with Delight

I know it's a bit cringe worthy, but the title of this post was my feeble attempt at a bit of wordplay on the word 'Monsoon'.* They've launched a new bridal collection and after seeing it in the flesh last weekend, and subsequently almost drooling right there on the shop floor, I had to share. While I've already bought my dress (the second love of my life after my husband to be), Monsoon's new collection seriously made me contemplate an evening wardrobe change. With prices on dresses ranging from as little as £150 to £300 it's hard to find a reason not to buy.

It's a shame the website pictures don't really do the pieces much justice. Had I not actually seen these in real life, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about Monsoon as a credible Bridal retailer. I've put the pics up anyway so that you can get an idea of what they have to offer, but would definitely recommend heading to your nearest store.

The Niagara dress below is gorgeous. At £280 it's glamorous and elegant. Again, it's hard to see in the picture but it has loads of sparkling detailing on the angular ruching. I love the femininity of the ruffle sleeves and the fact that it's a wedding dress that actually has sleeves in the fist place!


The Byron dress below at £220 made me think one thing...Pippa. The simplicity of the shape and the flattering cowl neck at the front must've been inspired by last years most talked about maid of honour. I love the completely unnecessary but lovely button detailing down the back and the short but sweet train. The model on the website it about half a foot too tall for this dress so it doesn't look right, but on the right person (especially if you have a Pippa-like figure) it would be beautiful.



While the Owku dress below at £150 is a bit of a stretch in terms of a wedding dress, I think it's the perfect rehearsal dinner/night before look. They have a few different options of this sort of style and you can bet I'll be wearing one of them at my rehearsal. 


I can never have enough shoes and these little beauty's are part of the reason why. At £65 to £70 I think I can justify them as a honeymoon purchase to my husband to be (hope he's not reading this!)...or at the very least to go with the Owku dress on the night before.

Monsoon also do some exquisite flower girl dresses. Like the rest of their range they're meticulously detailed and somehow very affordable. At £46 to £55 for the three options below you're literally paying half of what you would pay in one of the big department stores. Again, the pictures don't do the detailing justice - they are absolutely gorgeous in real life.




 And the icing on the cake:

To top off their amazing new range Monsoon currently have a competition to win £1000 towards your wedding. All you need to give them is your name and email address so entry is easy peasy. Website below: 




Thanks for reading,
Chelsea
x


*Apologies for any wrinkles caused by pulling a face


8S5ZVTM74NMF

1 comment: